Thursday, January 10, 2008

random observations

I watched 3 hours of the greatest 100 songs of the '90s last night while cleaning my apartment. My apartment was trashed, so it was that time. While I watched VH1, I had some thoughts in no specific order.

1. How is Brett Michaels famous enough to have a house full of skanks who want to maryy him? Poison hasn't released a song in a decade. He wears a bandanna because he is bald. On the other hand, the idea of having girls who want to date you audition on a strip club pole is a very valid way of finding your soulmate.

2. Scott Baio? Really? This bothers me more than number 1.

3. A Brady has his own reality show about his model wife not sure if she wants to have a baby because her boobs won't look as good? This is worth an entire season? I understand why the world hates us if they are stuck with our tv.

4. I know the words to a lot of boy band songs from the '90's. Like whole verses of Backstreet Boys songs. This worries me a lot. It's tearing out my heart when I'm with you. And when we are apart I feel it too. With or without you. Enough said.

5. There were a ton of commercials for feminine hygiene products. I guess the 90's caused a lot of pms symptoms.

6. I feel cheated that Kurt Cobain didn't make any more music.

7. I found my Hootie and the Blowfish debut album when I was cleaning. It is now on my Ipod. What a great cd.

8. The 90's had some great tunes. I feel sorry for all the freshman I'm around who don't remember when Hit Me Baby One More Time owned TRL for 4 months or whatever.

9. Speaking of Britney, wow, what else can you say? Her early stuff before her slut phase was really sexy. She could sing a little too. She was no Christina, but she was ok. Good luck with all that Britney.

Hallelujah Hollaback.

2 comments:

Jody said...

Happy Birthday Adam! See, you are closer to my age now.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Impressora e Multifuncional, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://impressora-multifuncional.blogspot.com. A hug.