Tuesday, December 18, 2007

things i love about winter

So i was finally finished with school and on my way back to litchfield. I looked out my window and saw a fresh blanket of snow. Many people see the inherent beauty in this virginal covering. I then proceeded to spend the next 50 minutes of my life driving on the worst interstate ever (I72 obv) where at some places the snow plow guy must have given up on llife. If you are a city on I72 from Champaign to Sangamon county you suck at clearing snow specifically, and life in general. If you live in Illinois you should be aware of the basics of driving in snow. If there's one lane plowed, passing me on the right through half an inch of snow so you can cut me off and tailgate the guy ahead of me, Darwin says you should not have lived long enough to get a driver's license. jack ass. If you lived in Flordia or something it's understandable. Hint: drive slower and don't be an idiot.

I also hate knowing that I will have to wear 4 layers of clothes for the next three months. I will walk in wherever I go and immediately be hot and then i have to find someplace to put my coat. It sucks.

That leads to the topic of snow as an outdoor activity. wtf am i suppossed to do with 2 inches of snow on the plain? colorado. ok. You have mountains and can ski and stuff. South central illinois not so much. I am not going to build a snow fort when it's 22 degrees and with the wind chill it is below zero. Stupid. I also hate having wet and/ or cold feet for 3 months. There's a reason humans invented central heating. Being cold sucks.

In the summer girls look much more attractive. Less clothes=more confidence. Yeah baby you look so hot in your furry boots and large parka that makes you completely formless. Let's go hike through the snow to get a cup of coffee. With a little luck we won't get hypothermia and have to cuddle naked to save our lives. God forbid.

Hey, David, guess what man. I got a job in Chicago. I hear the winters in Illinois are the most awesome thing ever! I can't wait to chip 2 inches of ice off of my car every morning to go on my commute that is going to take at least twice as long. Who wants to sleep when I can wake up early and defrost! It's like a dream come true.

I guess I have been somewhat unfair. There are a lot of awesome things going on in the winter.... in Florida.

2 comments:

Matt said...

lol. keep your head up

Jody said...

Hey, next time it snows feel free to come over and take the boys sledding behind the dam. You might have a great time. Your page is fun to read, but I would probably have to screen it before I could list it on my site. Just Kidding.